Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F06 650i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 GTS View Post
Nice car, but 99k is in M5 territory.
Perhaps, but between corporate fleet and discounts, I didn't pay that. There is also a story behind the configuration:

I added all options (except night vision pedestrian detection) to see how the option codes broke out while doing research and to share on the forum during the ordering process. The vehicle entered production a week earlier than expected (the morning I was going to remove unwanted features, in fact), so the configuration was frozen. The 669M wheel set also added an inordinate amount (IMO) to the sticker price, considering the stock set is lost. (Note: the VPC is apparently launching a program to allow customers to keep stock wheel sets when an accessory set is installed at port.)

Between that, not really being able to wait for F90 M5, and the M550 ending up being a good "compromise" of sorts between the M5 and what I originally thought was going to be a non-M Performance 550, the M550 looked like a good option. I do agree that various F90 M5 configurations will probably be in this ballpark.
Appreciate 1
eau_rouge515.50