First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 540ix with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonronEG View Post
A change in the stall speed likely. The torque converter in the MPPSK is the same one they use in the ~380+ HP configured B58 ZF8 cars (M340i, etc).
Would it be detrimental to run the stock converter with a higher HP/TQ flash tune (e.g. BM3, MHD, MG Flasher, etc.)?

I've been running BM3 Stage 1 and then 2+ for about a year and a half on my stock converter. I do have xHP TCU tune to remove the torque limiters and increase line pressure due to the added torque from the flash tune. The transmission has been holding up fine, but I'm wondering what I'm missing (if anything) by not having the uprated torque converter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post

I've been running BM3 Stage 1 and then 2+ for about a year and a half on my stock converter. I do have xHP TCU tune to remove the torque limiters and increase line pressure due to the added torque from the flash tune. The transmission has been holding up fine, but I'm wondering what I'm missing (if anything) by not having the uprated torque converter?
Unless anyone's a BMW engineer who knows the detailed specs of the two torque converters my guess is as good as theirs.
Specially with these cars being relatively new, I haven't seen a single thread anyone changing torque converters because of issues.
All I know with the MPPSK I've got a way faster gear change which is similar to BM3 stage 1.
We gotta check maybe xHP has a higher TCU tune for M340i because of the torque converter.
Appreciate 0