View Single Post
      12-30-2023, 08:54 PM   #191
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Y_stack_acceleration View Post
The updated GTMore page is great! Clearly lists all the parts added. Will be helpful to everyone as a reference guide for track mods.

I'm curious if y'all did CFD testing for the aero package (splitter + dive planes + wing) to measure the net downforce and center of pressure? I didn't know until recently that CFD testing was available to civvies - the owner of my raceshop did it for his track car.
CFD models and theoretical predictions require some form of correlation with real hardware and actual test data. Otherwise, it can be GIGO CFD predictions. You could certainly use CFD to trade design options relatively speaking but getting exact downforce levels and COP predictions isn’t easy. That’s why F1 teams still spend a huge amount of time and money on actual wind tunnel testing and correlation with CFD model predictions. CFD has come a long way in the past two decades and has allowed individuals to build and run their own CFD models but its development is always being advanced/improved. Same applies to FEA.

Last edited by M3SQRD; 12-30-2023 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0