View Single Post
      05-04-2021, 02:02 PM   #12
COBodom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540i

Going to chime in here, although not sure if that’s of any value since I am in US and OP is in Europe.

On my old 2018 540 I had Adaptive Full LED package (or whatever it was called back then). I would turn the wheel while driving and the beam of light would visibly change direction to match the steering wheel. I could clearly see the path of light moving as I was coming out of a corner. I do not see that behavior on the 2021 model (obviously US specs). I get that MY21 uses some matrix tech but the light does not visibly follow the steering wheel as I get out of the corner. In MY18 model I could easily replicate this use case by pulling closely to a wall and turning the wheel left and right by say 30 degrees (not all the way) and the headlight beam would follow the steering wheel motion. MY21 does not do that. Light remains static despite the steering wheel movement.

Now, I am NOT talking about turning the wheel all the way to the right or left while the car is parked or at a very slow speed. That works exactly the same on MY21 as it was on MY18. Car is parked, I turn the wheel all the way to the right or left and I see the side of the car gets illuminated more. That happens ONLY if I turn the wheel all the way to left or right.

So no idea how matrix tech works, but I definitely do not see headlight beam changing direction while I am driving, something that was easily noticeable on MY18.

Last edited by COBodom; 05-04-2021 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0