Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
It's much harder to negotiate a great deal on an ordered car, particularly the M550i which is a new model and not made in large numbers. It depends on your location somewhat, but in wealthy areas it's pretty tough as long as the car is in demand. If demand dies down a bit, it becomes easier, but this can take some time!
Visual guy, good point. The M550i that I purchased was sitting on the lot for maybe a month or more while three were sold within the same time period less than 200 miles away. I've noticed that my dealership sells a lot more SUVs while the other dealership struggles to sell them. I've seen them sell 2 M550is within the same week that they arrived at the dealership. Every time I drove down to test drive one they said it had been sold.

I can't give details because I really don't recall all of the details but I think there was a Rebate for $3000 from BMW for the holidays, $4000 dealership discount, a loyalty discount, the Drive to End Hunger was worth a thousand, USAA discount, and BMW fleet discount. Not everyone will qualify for all the discounts. It may depend on the company you work for or certain affiliations. If I were you I would just sit down with a dealer expressing how serious you are about buying and see what the best deal he/ she could offer you. It looks if they are really trying to push sales for the 5 series everywhere.