View Single Post
      07-09-2023, 11:54 AM   #11
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
can anyone chime in on why GT3s are almost going for over 60-70k over what they were going for in 2018-2019. Obviously time is relative but like roughly going 5 years back.

I know cyrpto bros got money and the used market is wild, but damn where people getting all this cash.

I know people got money, but what changed after Covid
First, the overall car market is totally screwed. When you are getting ADM on a freaking Civic SPORT, not even a Type R, what do you expect for a GT?

Second, the 911 R kicked this whole thing off when it proved that people wanted a GT car with a manual. Porsche finally woke up and started building that for the 991.2. Then they realized they could print money with special editions, and expanded PTS and CXX orders and the game was on. When COVID hit, they saw people were willing to pay stupid money for GT cars and made sure that their real supply constrictions stayed that way, even as dealers starved for cars.

Dealers have whale customers. I am super poor compared to most customers at my local dealer. They started playing the game of "don't pay me ADM, but buy the car and flip it back to me in 6 months at MSRP, and then I'll sell it 'used' and make my money then. In return I'll get you allocation of next GT car". Rinse and repeat, add the runaway success of the 992 Turbo to the mix and boom, the market is where it is.

Yesterday I saw a 718 Spyder with about $5k miles for $135k at my dealer. I think sticker was about $115k. Sheesh.
Appreciate 1
clutchdj1878.50