View Single Post
      04-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
xxruffdmxx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Took delivery today (MDCT Coupe)

Took delivery of my AW coupe today. Only had a chance to drive it for about an hour or so. All I can say is that I am extremely impressed. I knew the car would be great going in, based on all the reviews and tests, but I didn't think it would blow my mind away. First, I would like to say is that I am no racing instructor or an expert driver, but it seems like this car is made for people of all driving skills. It is easy to navigate the car, just point it and it goes there even at high speed.

I've never driven the SMG before this car, so as a first time user of the DCT, I am more than satisfied. In the D (automatic) mode, the shifts are seamless. I regularly drive my mother's benz S550 and the automatic mode in the M3 is as smooth as the S550. It's perfect if you just want to cruise or don't want to shift constantly.

The S (manual) mode is sooooo much fun. Although I prefer the S4 or S5 modes, because the other feel a little slow. I can't wait to break it in, so I can put it to the test and downshift and really put this transmission to the test. In S5 the shifts are instantaneous, a definite advantage over 6MT (please don't crucify me for this).

I have the M sound, so glad i got this option. For all of you guys thinking if its worth it, it definitely is. After playing with the equalizer for about 5 minutes, I got it perfect for my taste. It is very loud and clear. The bass is also great, unless you want something that makes your entire car vibrate and sets off parked cars alarms, this car doesn't do that.

I am glad I got the 18" wheels. In my opinion they are perfect for this car. All my friends thought that they look better than the 19" wheels.

I am so happy that I got the extended silver interior. The pictures don't do it justice. It looks so much better in real life. Even my CA was impressed with the color.

Sorry guys, but no pics yet. I am a first year law school student. I have a huge Property law exam tomorrow, therefore, no pictures. Will post some as soon as I finish my test or on Sunday.

I don't know what else to add. I absolutely love this car and couldn't be happier. \
Appreciate 0