View Single Post
      08-17-2023, 09:25 AM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
i think more than batteries, universal plugs are an even bigger deal... the EU gets a major win for forcing USB C on the iphone in the future...
No doubt. As much criticism the EU gets on their various mandates, they're spot on with these aforementioned regulations. I've been following the whole Right to Repair movement here in the US from the beginning. Louis Rossmann used to travel around to all the state legislative hearings on Right to Repair bills. The outright corruption that was captured on video was downright infuriating. How it was obvious the state politicians were on the take by corporate lobbyists. To even laugh at the bills or to have special closed door meetings with said lobbyists. I hope the EU continues down this path for further Right to Repair supporting legislation.

The other thing that the EU got right which you won't see here in the US is GDPR.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10242.50