Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
As we get closer to the reveal, I am getting more and more excited about M2 but also dread. I really like what the M2 represents...the smallest, hopefully lightest ///M car made today. In its day the E30 M3 was the smallest and lightest. The M5 was bigger and a you can draw parallels to the the new bigger M3 and the up-and-coming M2. Unlike many on this forum that can afford 2,3,4 expensive cars I can afford 1 nice car and a beater so the nice car has to push the right buttons. So I was recently with a couple of buddies at Denny's after Cars and Coffee discussing our dream cars and great cars we saw there. We talked cars for two hours and never once did anyone say, "yeah remember the Acme Diablura Espeziale with fake sound through the speakers?" Or, "man! That infotainment thingamadoodle with the tv display on top of the dash look great!." No one said "did you see STI....the dude retrofitted active suspension with a comfort setting....badass!"

Nope none of that happened. I know it's what's coming and you can't un-check the option list but it's a weird feeling having the excitement mixed with dread of what lameness BMW could bring to the M2. The way things are going, dread the next thing will be touch-pad shifter with vibrating Ps3 steering wheel or customizable sound....make your M2 sound like a flat plane crank V8 or sound like a Tesla. Anyway, excited but wish I could shake off some of the dread.
The guy has a point though! Lots of "fluff" going on nowadays. Some things can be fixed, others can't!
For example, how can one improve or replace the EPS?
So yes, in some ways BMW sold out and don't you blame government regulations for all of it!
Appreciate 0