02-02-2022, 09:08 AM   #49
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Nice to see some of you getting systems and having them installed! All the clips sound great. This is where I am at. I ordered a full Dinan exhaust system with remote in mid December and at that point the estimated drop date was end of February. This got pushed to March a few weeks ago. I ordered through my certified Dinan shop, meaning I pay them and they put the order in and install it.

I am going to wait it out within reason. I don't really have an alternative. I have an all Dinan modified M550 now and I like sticking with that idea. I have heard from Pro's that nothing compares to the quality of the Dinan exhaust, not sure how true this is, but I want solid workmanship. Cut, weld, resonator delete is not an option. I know no one can see under the car, but as good as some of the pictures I have seen of custom x pipes or straight pipes, the welds look ugly to me. I want an unmolested end to end system. I am also more interested in the double rounds than the sound and you can't achieve this (without more molestation) on an M550 without a new axle back.

So we will see. If it was meant to be and if not, I'm stuck with the stock trapezoids. In terms of the issues all suppliers seem to be facing, I personally do not think it is demand. Sure, enthusiasts like us on these boards are in demand of the products, but I don't think the orders are off the charts across all these suppliers. I mean, it's a niche $4,000 system, it's not like a PS5 at Christmas time.

I do know the Dinan system is hand made, so maybe labor issues coupled with supply chain. My shop told me a while ago to put my order in and I could cancel at anytime for a full refund. I am glad I am dealing with my Dinan certified shop as I know there will be zero issues getting a refund and no double talk. I did procrastinate and should have put the order in over the summer, but waiting saved me almost a grand. Dinan ran a black Friday special for $3,000 for both axle back and mid x pipe. I still procrastinated! Then I made up my mind to do it, but it was back up to $4,000, so I literally checked the site daily for a price drop. They dropped from $4,000 to $3,300 in mid December for a few days and that was the trigger. They are back up to $4,000.

I'll keep you posted. End of March is ideal for me in the Boston area. I don't drive the car in the winter (it's been in my garage for two months) and even if it came in in February, I would let the shop hold it until end of March for winter to clear. Even April would be fine, but it would be great to know it is in hand.
Good luck and let us know once you get the exhaust and install it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0