View Single Post
      08-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #2
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Things I Find Interesting Part II

This is second half of this thread. Instead of posting a new thread to share the points I find worth the mention , I thought I have to continue waffling here ,I don't like waffles they're too sugar coated but this topic is not because a review must be unbiased , unartless .
Enough with the prelude let's come to the matter :
  • Tire Pressure Settings :

When you reset the tire pressures, it takes a while for it to recharge itself so to speak .You will see this progress in I-Drive Display with % .That's cool but wish I could also see this in HUD ,nitpick 1.
I don't remember if manual covers that but once you set the tires you are good to go but shouldn't exceed 50 km/h otherwise it would take hundreds of miles for tire pressure settings to be %100 completed .It took me almost 2 kilometers from home to city lights .I realized that in order tire pressure settings to be completed I shouldn't exceed a specific speed

Fuel Range :
This car is serious and means that when it indicates remaining mileage , when you see it below 50 kilometers you better fill it up .This was covered by one of the forum members as well .
It warns you when your range is below 50 kilometers and stays there under the gauge cluster unless you want it to disappear . That's a very neat feature as well.However, I would like to see such warnings to stay in the HUD more than 30 seconds or I would like to have the ability to set the time for such warnings to stay on ,nitpick 2
Panoramic View :

A superb stuff , I find it very useful and use it quite a lot when I want to see whose and what's there farthest right side .This makes the things easier ,you already see before coming there
  • Passenger Mirror :

It doesn't tilt when I put it in reverse although the mirror adjustment button is slided into the right side .I think manual should cover this , I don't remember off the top of my head right now

Favorite Buttons :

I recorded a note but it deleted by itself ,I know I saved the message .Either there's a timeframe for it or it deletes the messages when you restart the engine, nitpick 3 .I will refer to manual if there's a note for it or BMW Genius should cover this but I bet I will be first to ask why my saved message is deleted by itself
  • Gauge Cluster In Sport Mode
This is the nitpick of the nitpick
In Comfort Mode, readability is very good but in Sport Mode you may not see at the billions of billions of second of what the needle is indicating . Because needle color is also red so is number characters .
For instance: Gauge Cluster whether it's at full or sitting at the empty zone but we have a Range that will help . You may also not easily see whereabouts the needle is on the speedometer but we have a digital speedometer to help us figure this out as well

Happy Driving All

Last edited by Nivarox; 08-26-2017 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0