Thread: Cobb Accessport
View Single Post
      01-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
John@Akuma
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW135

Cobb Accessport

I just wanted to say hello to the community. Figured this is a good time to intro myself and get a feel for the site. I own a shop in NJ, Akuma Motorsports, where we specialize in import performance and full race preparation. I will get a more formal 'intro' post going soon as well.

We are very excited to be a part of the boards and BMW community. I have had a 135 for over a year and left it stock until we had full control of the ECU. Now that the Cobb AP is released(for a while now) and we are testing the Beta Pro Tuner software, it is time to get the ball rolling. We have very exciting plans for this platform.

I was wondering how the BMW guys liked the AP thus far. Do you find that OTS(off the shelf mapping) is satisfactory? What types of tunes would you guys like to see in the future? Obviously, I will search and see what type of trends I encounter, but this may be a good place to start. We are heavily involved with the Time Attack and wheel to wheel racing market and the BMW community is a very large part of that interest. Hopefully I can get some good feedback on what you guys are looking for and really start to offer some much needed services and products to you.

So thanks for looking.

Regards,

John Shafer
Owner, Akuma Motorsports

...I am looking into what type of requirements/options are available for vendorship, so I hope I did not violate any rules with this post, as I plan on supporting the forum as best we can, asap.
Appreciate 0