07-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #43
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
closing the door who got the inside line is not something new.. im not fan of it but its part of racing.. they had a contact cause Leclerc thought there be a place for him as he mentioned.. and there were no place.. you can double check where Max was in the end.. on the racing line.. i dont think its political or anything.. best examples made by Schumacher in the past.. many like this.. if defensing can be made like this, overtaking can be made also.. double direction change is not allowed only.. you can start observing and count how many more times it ll happen again this season.. well done Max..

and i dont think Leclerc is overhyped or something.. he drove like a champion from free practices and he achieved best with whats left on the table.. i believe Ferrari's tactics was disastrous again that they pulled Leclerc in for his pitstop too early.. it was obvious that his tires will start to fall off in last 10-15 laps.. they probably made this decision due to low degradation they ve seen on practices but they didnt lap this much in any FP to double check it.. Leclerc has long and great years ahead.. and whoever is Leclerc's race engineer, his voice so panicky while Max was closing the gap, which is soo wrong talk with a racing driver like that..
Acknowledging the earlier post that racing school teaches to ensure a car width is given....watching the replay multiple X's....VER had the inside on a right hand turn....LEC stayed left (outside) and ran out of racing room....VER's trajectory carried the car to the outside white line....that is textbook cornering....and agree w/the comment that RB's tire strategy placed VER with tires that were 10 laps fresher than LEC....it really appears that Ferrari just discounted RB's massive late-race charge to reign in the race leader....and they did.