r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post

Yup!

I wanted the M5 look on my M550i, but saw this, and decided it was not a good look.

It's been suggested that the active grills can be removed, but I am not going to bother on a 3-year lease.

IMHO, be careful what you wish for...

Seems like you are halfway there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin30x View Post
I disconnected motor from grills in open position does the job. (Removed plug) 5 min job.

Grills stay all the time open. No warning on dash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretpfair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin30x View Post
Remove 1x cable (1x plug) if you look thru grill, you will see it. Cable that goes to grill.

Just disconnect (remove) plug. Dont matther in which position if you disconnect it, you can push with fingers blades to open. Grill will open. You need to apply a bit of force to open them.

I keep mine open all the time as with double blades grill looks crap when closed.

** just take a look on realoem active grill. There is nice picture of connector where it is exactly. You cant miss it.. for better acces you can remove top cover (2min job) the one above grill.

** dosent give any errors on dashboard, but when you scan car thru obd there will be stored error. Car itself in oboard computer in dtc cannot see that error.

Enjoy
I Removed the plug when the vents were in the open position and now have a check engine light on. Checked the fault error and it is Reading a "motor" error. I wonder why yours isnt reading any faults?
With new software update, you'll get a CEL.
My CEL came on after dealer did software update when they are doing the fuel temperature recall fix.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0