CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris83 View Post
My car came with the Harman Kardon system. I purchased replica bowers and wilkins speakers from AliExpress. I got the entire set 16 speakers in total. So far I've replaced the rear window shelf mid range and tweeters, rear door mid-range, I wasn't too sure about replacing the tweeters in the rear doors with the door handles. Mid range and tweeters for the front doors are done. I still have to replace the center dash speakers and the subwoofers under the seats.

I've had them for a couple of days. The sound is improved, less distortion at higher volumes and higher clarity. I'm hoping to get the center dash speakers replaced soon and the subwoofers to get a good feel of everything.

Here's a link to where I got them. Everything was plug and play. The quality of the speakers and craftsmanship looks and feels much better than the oem speakers. The speaker grills with the ambient lighting is a beautiful touch. The most annoying part is avoiding to break any clips from the doors. I bought a bunch of clips so I was able to replace anything that I broke. All good.

C$ 52.84 39% Off | Audio Upgrade Kit For BMW G30 5 Series Midrange Tweeter Subwoofer HiFi Music Stereo Horn LED Illuminate Speaker Cover Trim Refit
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrefkmL
Looks like only the 11 piece version is available right now on that link. Did you have to add multiple things to the cart to get the full setup, or was there a full option that's now missing?

Been interested in doing this and the pricing seems pretty decent for the aesthetic upgrade
You will have to add each set to your cart separately. Front tweeters with grills. Rear window shelf speakers with grills. The door speakers you will need 2 sets for front and rear. Door speakers covers. Center dash speakers and cover. Subwoofers, etc. most of them have the part numbers which match realoem.com part numbers.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0