View Single Post
      08-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

I totally get them leaving LMP1 for F-E ... regardless of what racing fans feel about F-E at the moment ... electric is really shaping up to be the future of the auto industry (for good or bad).

The use of trickle down technology has been a driving force behind factory racing teams for decades, so investing now in F-E is a smart idea. When you look at it, F1 isn't too far off themselves with their most recent mandate of hybrid engines. I'm sure Indy and other US based racing segments will go kicking and screaming before it goes full electric ... but I can see them taking the "Hybrid" approach as F1 has sometime in the next decade. But for now ... it's hip to be investing in electric.

There's a real push to do away with petrol/gas engines within the next 15-20 years, perhaps less if the technology can done cheaper and more accessible to the masses. Although I think it's all a bunch of "hog-wash" and likely has to do more about "political concerns" more than global warming ... people seem to be hell-bent on ditching fossil fuel based autos.

And frankly ... I could never relate to the LMP1 and 2 series ... although they're super cool, I don't much care.
Appreciate 0