View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

540ix M Sport vs 530ix Luxury Line

So I’m DDing a 2019 540ix M Sport and my wife is DDing a 2017 530 ix luxury line.

I rarely drive her car but I’m the designated driver on these road trips. We chose her car because she is way under on her lease mileage and this car goes back in a few months we will never use the already paid for mileage.

We are on a road trip to visit our son at school. We are 1/2 way into a 10-12 round trip and so far we are averaging 27.9 mpg. That’s great considering the stop and go traffic we ran into along the way.

The engine was impressive at speed when passing slower traffic. It’s smooth and the transmission is in the right gear at the right time in full auto / comfort mode.

The real stand out is the multi contour seats. I have the M sport seats and they are great. They are snug enough when you need them to be and comfortable enough for the daily drive. That said, these multi contour seats are like sitting in you lazy boy. Once adjusted they are softer and more supple than my seats and the Extra adjustment on the back section make it easy to find the perfect seating position. They will not hold you on an aggressive turn line the M Sport seats but for ever other situation they are a win.

My 540 ix is faster in almost every circumstance and sounds better. But this 530ix is a nice piece it kit as it is. Really quite impressive And it trumps my 540’s has mileage by about 7 MPg easily. As I type this I’m thinking damm I’m getting old but at 53 y/o and 6’3” tall these are my honest observations.

I still love my car and I’d most likely choose it again but I was not expecting to love those multi contour seats as much as I did on a long trip. I also was not expecting the engine to pull so strong even at highway speeds.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50