View Single Post
      07-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #146
bimmer_yu
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d + BMW E89 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
First, how did you come up with a conclusion that I am an engineer?
Second, the title says HUD Screen
Third, it is much more than the reflection on the windshield and the next gen will address a few technology shortcomings like the viewing angle, color, sharpness, brightness, etc. yes, the technology did evolve since it was first introduced.
Then what - you designed GUI/menus? Does that make you a technology expert whose oppinion is worth more than other's or just arrogant? Thread title says HUD Screen, indeed, but this is Internet thread not official BMW communication. Check what box says. Nobody is misleading customers here... Its called Head Up Screen - I dont know why you stuck in comparison with HUD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
will address a few technology shortcomings like the viewing angle, color, sharpness, brightness, etc. yes, the technology did evolve since it was first introduced.
OK, now I understand - basically new/better coating layer on the windshield will be applied so colors will be richer and viewing angles will be slightly better. Still, 20th century recycled technology for a lot of money.

Both things (HUD/HUS) are not some breathtaking technologies - rather things that are nice to have and show...
Appreciate 0