View Single Post
      07-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #150
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
Second, the title says HUD Screen
If my memory serves me correctly, my original thread title referred to "Head Up Screen" (as indicated on the box) but - except if mistaken - admins changed it to "Head Up Display Screen".

So, I just changed the title again to "Head Up Screen", and to avoid any possible confusion I also modified the first line of the first post.

This device does not pretend to be a HUD. As indicated before, it's a retrofit tool, no artefact. Who cares whether others might consider it an ugly duckling sitting on the dashboard ? It's supposed to be a driving aid. Regardless its peculiar looks, it's fit for purpose and delivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
Third, it is much more than the reflection on the windshield and the next gen will address a few technology shortcomings like the viewing angle, color, sharpness, brightness, etc. yes, the technology did evolve since it was first introduced.
I guess you refer to the head up display instead of to the head up screen.

As regards the head up screen, no issues with viewing angle (display can be tilted), color (white/green/red/yellow), sharpness (decent contrast - 55% up to 65% transparency), brightness (adjustable - 800 cd/mē up to 1,100 cd/mē). If you encounter a low sitting sun limiting visibility of the displayed info, use the black back cover.

What I would have preferred: displaying (metric) hp instead of kW.