View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 06:01 PM   #85
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson1906 View Post
The person I replied to asked for evidence of him being a good human being....I provided that. It’s your choice if you want to discount his contributions to humanity, but that does not make them any less impactful or irrelevant. Further, it’s also your choice to place more weight on an unproved allegation of sexual assault compared to his philanthropy, community service and impact off the court. One is rooted in fact, while the other is rooted on speculation or at a minimum, incomplete facts/evidence.

As far as bringing up Cosby, that’s a false equivalency since Cosby was convicted of a crime and is serving time in prison. In other words, the facts/evidence support the allegations. Also, there’s multiple allegations against Cosby that span several decades. That’s not the case for Kobe.
So, have you read the reports on court testimony? It's ok, lets us OJ as a comparison.....had his day in court....Not Guilty. Innocent? You tell me.

So if someone accused you of chocking them, forcing them to perform oral sex on you and then holding them bent over a chair while you forcibly raped them would you pay them to go away, or would you use your extreme wealth to defend yourself, your reputation and your multimillion dollar career and endorsements?

My point is simple....the list of deeply flawed rich famous people is very long, lets not make them out to be something they are not because they were rich and famous, were great musicians, actors, athletes or politician.....

Last edited by Salty Dog; 01-28-2020 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0