02-26-2020, 06:39 AM   #24
brokeboi
Private
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Thanks for your response!

I was thinking of replacing the m550 rear bumper with the stock M5's so that I wouldn't have any trouble trouble with the rear diffuser fitment. But this also requires some of the plastic cover shields under the exhaust to be changed because of the layout of the M5 bumper.

As you mentioned, the only other thing I need to figure out at this time is how the exhaust fitment would work.

I was hoping if I went with a aftermarket exhaust such as Dinan, it would help resolve that issue.

I attached 2 pics, one for the M550 and the other for M5 with Dinan exhaust. Seems like it could be possible

When you tested it out, was it with the stock M550 exhaust? What are your thoughts on fitment with a Dinan exhaust?
I believe I have figured out how to make this work, but custom exhaust will be needed for correct line up. You will however be free to use any exhaust that would fit on a stock M5.

It should be possible to get the stock M5 diffuser to fit, but you will need the F90 exhaust support (Product number 51-12-8-065-846) in order to make the cutouts from the diffuser to line up correctly. Otherwise you will end up exposing parts of the G30 exhaust support through the M5 diffuser, the reason being, as r33_RGSport mentioned, that the M5 exhausts are more towards the center.

Part 1, 5 and 6 on the F90 are identical to the G30. Part 3 (exhaust support), 4 and 19 are what you need for this modification. The whole rear panel might have to be removed to install the exhaust support.

I've seen someone from Turkey and Korea using OEM M5 parts on a G30. The guy from Turkey spent over 30k USD on the conversion from a 520i, the only thing missing being the M5 engine and seats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
r33_RGSport12912.50