View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #18
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I'm sorry, but the fact that someone is giving you an "estimate" before the Rolex repair facility they even looks at it is a problem. Rolex will not give an estimate until they receive the watch.

I've sent several of my current and past watches to Rolex for repair/service and not once did I get a price until they had the watch in their hands and assessed it personally.

Basically, I sent the watch to them with the specifics of what I was looking for. This varied by watch for me and Rolex was happy to oblige with my requests.
When I received the price from them, I had to give them the go ahead to do the work. They would not start the work UNTIL I said to go ahead.
If I didn't approve of the price or the work being done/suggested - they would simple return the watch.

At best, you're probably looking at a rebuild of the movement, plus the part that broke. I'd say you'll be into it for less than $1000 easy. The watch can't be replaced for this amount and should last a long, long time.

Do yourself a favor, go to another AD and have them send the watch to Rolex. You can't go wrong with sending it directly to Rolex for service. You know EXACTLY what you're getting, plus a warranty on the repair.
Appreciate 0