Kooch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt.ah3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I mostly wanted to at least try it out. If after a few attempts, I find it too risky or the shave itself isn't to my liking, the investment was minimal.
I'm going into this with not much hope for the silky shaves I'm used to. But maybe I'll be surprised.
I had asked earlier above, to those of you who do use one, how many shaves in one session?
I had been thinking for some time of switching myself. Your thread prompted me to place my order. This is the method of shaving I learned from my father and used until the disposables came out.

Based on stuff I've read, etc. you should make three passes ... with the grain, across the grain and against the grain, lathering up each time.

Good thinking to purchase various blades to figure out which one(s) work best for you.
I went through a phase reading up on shaving methods and landed on the DE safety. That said, one consistent theme was that shaving is about beard reduction not beard removal and always shave with the grain. When going against you cut too close and increase risk of ingrown hairs. Same problem caused by some of the razors that pull up hair slightly before cutting.
Appreciate 0