View Single Post
      03-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #15
css
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by phawx View Post
Main reason: I set out to have a sports coupe/sedan with minimum 4 seats and a good engine, that satisfies me in terms of its looks as well.

1) I always liked BMWs since my Dad's old E30 325i.
2) I used to own an E46 in Canada, and I loved the car for daily drive (it wasn't bad for what it was while on the track either, but I don't think I'd ever get an xDrive again)

As for comparing with other brands:
- My mother drives an IS250 already and it's a light and numb (but comfortable) ride;
- I personally was never fond of the MB brand (could have been cos of their cheap feeling cars during their JV with Chrysler);
- I previously owned an Audi TT, and as nice as it was to look at + the interior materials felt, it rattled like putting a marble in an empty soup can whenever I drove it hard. The B8 A4 is too big, and the S5 is too gas-guzzling.
my dad picked the s5 because of its look, he said the 3 series is everywhere and looks dull..(he doesnt care about driving pleasure / gas consumption etc) so the look attracted him...i tried to hold him from buying the s5 and told him to consider c63 / m3 4door...and he said... 你要架車咁快黎做乜...then i was speechless hopefully my dad will consider the new 3 series in the future as i always wanted to try bmw's "handling" but nevertheless, the s5 is a great looking car and has the v8 grunt...i was only disappointed about the color choice..originally we thought of white / brilliant black and the quartz grey (the light grey similar to c63's) and the sales told us there is this special grey which is rare and looks nice...and it turned out to be really dull...so now its always sitting in the carpark
Appreciate 0