View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 06:18 AM   #53
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
IMO If you're willing to spend $150k on a car you should focus on what you love rather than being practical.

It's not a practical choice to buy a $150k car; so why insert practicality into the equation?

This is why, IMO, people are often not happy with their choices and are constantly chasing something else.

I don't mean this as an attack on you specifically but your original title was very non-passionate and more about "investment" details.
I get what you're saying, but when you are negotiating with the wife about dropping 150k on a sports car instead of contributing to a bigger downpayment of a house, then practicality does tend to creep in

If you buy a car that depreciates slowly and has low maintenance costs
as opposed to something like an aston martin that depreciates like a tank and has the potential for outrageous maintenance costs, the overall cost difference can be huge

so even though it's a large investment amount in a car, which seems impractical, the choice of what to invest in still matters, unless you are in a financial position where a difference of 5 to 10k a year in your financial situation doesn't matter, which I am not
Appreciate 0