View Single Post
      12-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #88
cvn-e2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8, 2017 540i (G30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffstocover View Post
M sport package is fine. Fun. Whatever. But BMW shouldn't put an M on the trunk in front of anything other than a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. You know there's a whole thread w Civics and shit w M badges. This badge looks like one of those. Granted, I'd love to have this 550. I'm sure it's sick. But an M on the back should be preserved for the king at the top of the model range, and here that belongs to the M5. Put M550 on the floor mats.
I see where you're coming from. But as I posted on another thread a moment ago:

"I'm really liking the "M Performance" division. There are many buyers that can afford M cars, but do not wish to get one because it's not the best daily. The "M Performance" I think is a great middle ground where this group of owners can get the M power and sportiness, but still maintain a comfortable ride for a daily.

I know a lot of M fans are complaining about the dilution of the M brand, but I don't see this a dilution at all. I see this as bringing the best of the M division to car owners who want and can afford M cars, but don't want the stiffness and always on sport mode of the M cars. It doesn't meant that it's cheapening the M brand in anyway. It's a win win for everyone here."

Basically, the use of the M badge doesn't dilute or cheapen the M brand IMO. I think it gives car enthusiasts a lot more personality by having a true "M5" and the M550i.
Appreciate 1
remmib1570.00