Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxDawg View Post
How's the brake dust with the M-sport brakes? My F30 M-Sport (non-Msport brakes) had HORRIBLE dusting, with black wheels in days. I recently moved to a pre-owned F10 M-sport and dusting is minimal thanks to the ceramic pads. A G30 is in my future but want to know if the M-sport brakes are going to dust horribly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxDawg View Post
How's the brake dust with the M-sport brakes? My F30 M-Sport (non-Msport brakes) had HORRIBLE dusting, with black wheels in days. I recently moved to a pre-owned F10 M-sport and dusting is minimal thanks to the ceramic pads. A G30 is in my future but want to know if the M-sport brakes are going to dust horribly.
The dusting is very horrible I love the look of the M-Sport brakes but it's impossible to keep the wheels clean. After every drive 5 miles or 50 miles you will have to wipe wheels.
Brake dust is a problem with the M-Sport brakes. However the braking performance makes it worth the pain for me.
Have you checked into the cost into replacing pads? I have M brakes on my 4 series. Looking to move into a 4 door, but worry about the pad replacement cost, I got quoted $2000-2500 for pads on my 4 series
Have not looked at brake pad cost because I plan to replace this car after three years. It is sad that BMW no longer includes brake pads as part of the maintenance plan.
Lease? How are you liking the car? What don't you like, what did you drive previously?
Lease - yes.

I like the interior fit and finish, Powertrain (in Sport Mode with Sport Auto), manual shifting when called for, the technology - especially the iconic headlamps, auto parking, digital dashboard (changes with each of the three driving modes), 360 degree view, improved navigation system, etc. Also like the M Sport package on this car - especially the M steering wheel. Also like key elements of exterior design - the wheels are beautiful two-tone and look much better than photos, the entire exterior design is understated yet attractive. Acceleration and braking are awesome - especially for a full size six cylinder automobile.

Don't like the lack of auto trunk lid. Don't like the intermittent Apple CarPlay - but I suspect this more an iPhone issue than the car. The Gestures feature is good for some controls, e.g., skipping to next song, but generally needs more work - especially the volume control. Not crazy about body roll (when pushing it on canyon roads). Steering at very low speeds could be better (pulling head-on into tight parking spaces. These last two items make me wish I had Intelligent Active Steering and Dynamic Damper Control.

Wife and I have driven; 2002 Z3 3.0i, 2006 MZ4, 2007 335i Coupe, 2012 335i Sedan, 2014 435i Convertible, 2015 428i Gran Coupe (wife's current ride).
Do you prefer it over the 428GC? I'm debating trading my 428xi for either 530-540i or 440GC
Appreciate 0