12-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #13
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
As far as getting under the insulation, the clips are standard “plug and pin”. Pry the pin out of the center and the plug will release. Then fold back the insulation, it doesn’t seem to easily come up all the way as it is wrapped around at the top.

This may give a hint at least as to whether or not there are sub panels somewhere. Or maybe it is just for this panel. I think I glimpsed some distribution blocks and thick wires to the right of the battery the other day so if there are other panels maybe they branch there instead.
Wow, thanks. I was about to do this today. It looks like there are indeed other panels other than the one in the rear, up to a total of 4, or 3 if the FB left and FB right is one panel. I am now thinking one of them is behind the glove compartment but not easily accessible considering there isn't even a hole to view it like in F25.

I now wouldn't be surprised if the fb front left is somewhere near the driver footwell, the fb front right behind the glove compartment, and BCD near the center display, the way it is laid out.

A little more complex than I thought. But maybe not once I find the panel locations. The FB front right is where I would like to tap into.

Thanks again for posting!

Ps. The FB front right looks very similar to the one behind the glove compartment in the F25.
Appreciate 0