07-21-2021, 08:27 AM   #2652
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by khloedale View Post
I've had it before where I've been mid-workout on a piece of equipment, with my headphones on etc. And someone has tapped me on the shoulder to ask how long I have left - like bog off! I think that's so rude, especially when someone is clearly in the zone.
I disagree. I do this all the time, BUT only if I've been waiting for a while. I've witnessed someone do 6+ sets, with a 4-5min rest in between each set. I can't stand that. That's not etiquette at all.

Now if you only just started, and the person tapping you on the shoulder was not waiting previously, and came right up to you, that makes perfect sense to be annoyed.

WHAT CURRENTLY ANNOYS THE HELL OUTTA ME: The LA Fitness that I go to now, I restarted going there a year ago when I moved back to the area. When I originally moved to that area 5 yrs ago, that same gym had just opened, and I was one of the 1st regulars.
This place has gone downhill since as far as maintenance. No one re-racks weights (personally pet peeve & kills my OCD), or they put them wherever it's convenient. Which makes it hard as hell to find what you need. The staff used to go around and re-rack/pick them up for shit head/lazy members. Now they don't do a thing about it (I'm sure due to COVID BS).

The other thing is I keep witnessing more people in the gym in sandals, loafers, etc and full on jeans. No staff is having anyone adhere to dress code. Especially with the footwear. I watched some high school girl in sandals almost crush her toes the other day, and she just nervously laughed it off. WTH!!!
Appreciate 0