View Single Post
      01-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #157
SteVTEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post
I agree that its a shame to depart with history but times are a changing folks... move with it or get left behind.
I want the BMW that BMW has wanted us to have and have made a name for themselves building [in the US] for the past few decades, and not the one the various politicians and governments out there are dictating/forcing them to build all to satisfy their stupid regulations and agendas. The point of these displacement taxes is to minimize fuel consumption. This 2.0L turbo will get past displacement taxes in various countries, but will be able to gulp down even more fuel than the N52B30 engine which defeats the whole point of these regulations! It's silly. Why not just drop the stupid displacement taxes and give people the same power in a better feeling and sounding engine? Or maybe it's about more stringent CAFE standards and penalties that BMW can no longer afford to ignore? Infiniti isn't going to have to compromise their engine lineup because they have Nissan. Audi isn't going to have to compromise their engine lineup either because they have VW. What does BMW have? uhh...nothing. They're independent. But why should they be penalized just because they specialize in making premium high-performance vehicles? They shouldn't. Just like another manufacturer shouldn't be penalized if they happen to specialize in making large trucks. It's all dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post
You can always buy a well maintained older BMW... nothing wrong with those after all. BMW lost its "true" soul a long long time ago.
If we don't pickup a closeout '11 528i that's probably what we'll end up doing.
Appreciate 0