View Single Post
      07-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #257
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Got the E9 out for a photo shoot Saturday afternoon, and drove it around a little to test it for the Atlanta trip Sunday morning.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

This is such a nice place to be, especially with AirCon.

Sunday morning I drove the car about 70 miles north to the local BMWCCA cars and coffee. This was the first time I had the car on the interstate, and I was a little nervous at first. After a few miles at about 65 it settled right in. The AC was amazing, and I could actually see my breath in the car after a sip of coffee. The trip back was also uneventful except for a little traffic. Thankfully the temp gauge didn't creep up while stopped. There are a few issues, but nothing major and it should get to The Vintage and back with no issues. A 5 speed would be nice, its a little buzzy on the interstate.

Photo taken by a semi unprofessional driver, do not attempt. Compared to most drivers in Atlanta, this is perfectly safe and the phone was in my hand for 3 seconds.

I would like to work on the hood paint a little before the vintage, I have some sanding marks to dig out but it is pretty much ready for the show.
Appreciate 7
happyjack1657.00
2000cs3502.50
Almuliman483.50
Jbrown74032643.50
MmmmmM22588.50
wdb4732.00