View Single Post
      01-19-2020, 12:07 PM   #6
Lawguy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tesla Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB View Post
Coming of a 640HP CTS-V, I feel like 2020 M550i is in the Goldilocks zone. I've owned enough cars that are always on edge, current CTS-V being one of them. I have nothing to prove, I already own one of the most powerful sedans made. What I'm looking for is a fast luxury car (a muscle car), as AMG was at one point, that won't beat me up for no reason.

If you need people to see the M badge or if you feel somewhat less because you don't have the most raced out version of the car, then you should go for the M5. For me, the M550i will do, will cost less, and will keep me out of (some) trouble.

If I could get M5 for no extra cost, I probably would. Seems like there were a few 2019s with amazing deals, but I'm not paying extra for what M5 has to offer, although I easily could. There's no way that I'd use what M5 has to offer over the M550i on the streets, I'd go to jail, and I don't really have time for consistent track visits.

At least that's how I feel now.

Aspiring law guy - 2020 Feb Bar
Thanks for the thoughts.

I don’t have anything left to prove either. I grew bored with the Ferrari 458 which I had at my disposal, and have lived the “my car is FASTER/BETTER/MORE EXPENSIVE” life (which is ultimately unsatisfying, mind you) with a handful of 7-series and AMG cars. Not worried about anyone other than me, and since I’m not a track guy, guessing m550 is plenty of HP, as well as easier on my body.

Good luck on the bar exam. My only advice is to try to take two if you can - makes you more marketable, and you’ll never know more than you do now.
Appreciate 0