Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel3 View Post
herb chambers autobody in braintree is hands down the best. They work on merc, BMW, Lex and their work is superb
Er..... I don't think I can disagree more about your statement. They are definitely not the best. They work on Merc, BMW, and Lexus because Herb Chambers own those dealerships and the owners of those car don't know any better so they listen to the advise of the SA. Even my former SA, Kim, at Chambers Motorcars admitted that their Braintree bodyshop has trouble keeping up with schedule and quality is lacking. She said that she would be sending her customers over to the FMW bodyshop after the acquisition. I've had two insurance body work experience with Chambers at Braintree, both of which turned out to be a nightmare. Both times involved my now gone E55 AMG.

Incident #1 in May of 2006:
Chambers in Somerville screwed up my steering wheel after service, which caused me to scrape the passenger side skirt and door. Took it back to Chambers in Somerville and they fixed the steering wheel and shipped my car to Braintree for body work. It took them 8 weeks to fix the car and the clear coat started peeling in less than a year.

Incident #2 in March of 2007
My car was rear ended on Rte 20 close to Wayland. To add insult to injury, the front bumper was yanked half off by the flat bed truck's winch. Of course Mercedes Roadside contacted Chambers and hauled it off to their infamous Braintree body shop again. This time, it took them 72 days to fix the car and they almost repainted the entire car. However, the job is really bad that some of the lines of the car don't line up right. There were numerous spots where dirt was left underneath the paint. The peeling clear coat from the last incident was not fixed even though it's still under warranty from the shop. They even outsourced the exhaust job to the Shell gas station across the street (they actually did the best job on the car, the exhaust lined up like it should). At pick up, the badges on the car were completely messed up. It was missing E55 on the trunk, the AMG is crooked, and the fender badges read "Kompressor" instead of "V8 Kompressor". Also, they were stupid enough to have mounted the wrong size of tire on my car (the rims are staggered and they installed a front rim size tire in the back). This is as incompetent as a body shop can get.

While this was happening, I was in a rental car from the Enterprise located in Somerville. They kept on harassing me and forced me to pay for the rental out of my own pocket because the insurance company refused to pay them since the car was taking so long to fix. The manager even had the balls to call and threaten me by saying "if you want to play games, we will play games with you!" I had to ask to my attorney to send the manager a personal nastiogram to shut him from farting..... It took me almost a full year before I was able to recover the rental charges from the insurance company.

Last edited by Kev; 03-24-2008 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0