View Single Post
      12-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Just curious, do you feel any power increase from the FMIC alone? I've got 3" DPs, catless mids and the Helix all enroute now. I'm trying to decide in what order to put them on. I'd kind of like to see if I can feel the difference of each instead of doing all at once. Not sure if the FMIC does anything for ya though until software is loaded uncork.

I think I'll probably do the exhaust stuff together and wait a week or two before doing the FMIC. That way if I do have any issues it will be easier to isolate the problem.

Thoughts?
I have the Helix and the gains are most noticeable at high rpm's. I actually did a baseline pull on my 135i with just a JB4 on map 2 and raceland catless downpipes which yielded 350whp. About an hour later, I had my Helix installed and did another pull and made 370whp. According to the dyno, it made more power everywhere in the rev range, however, on my butt dyno, the gains were most definitely felt in the higher rpms (butt dyno is not sensitive I tell ya). Not sure if you will feel the difference with a FMIC alone as I had software prior to the installation, but I will say that the Helix FMIC is worth the price of admission bar none!
Appreciate 0