View Single Post
      03-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Hello,

I have read many articles and asked many servicemans.

All said to change oil after 2000-5000km because of the remaining pieces from new engine. Only the dealer said its not needed (ofc he probably wants my visits in service)

And here are all advices which I got from most of them and which I will do after I get my new G30 :

0-500 as far as possible from red
0-3000Km not go over 5000k rpm
not highway drive only (the new engine needs change in driving style - if u drive only highway with no speed change it may cause the oil lose they said..)
if you try some "red" rpm u can dmg engine(rare) but if u do it u should change oil after this "fun" sooner than 2000km
some of them said some of them not its better to take the 98 octane petrol not standard 95 (idk the measuring in USA or so but here in central EU is normal called Natural 95 and better ones like Natural 98, Benzina Verva, Shell V power. Only some of them really are more than 95. They still has 95 but only some aditive in it - like the shell).
Nobody said u CANT take standard 95 but u lose a bit from performance (20-30HP), the car gonna drink more and the life of the engine could be a bit lesser. btw If you read the BMW website you can see that all cars are tested with 98 octane..

Last edited by BiGFather; 03-20-2017 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0