Muslenutz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslenutz View Post
I got my first BMW 2 months ago, I've driven It about 3000 miles. It was a BMW executive car at their NJ HQ for the PGA tour. Coming off a one year lease with 12k miles I scooped it up. An old man drove the vehicle and it was taken care of and seems new. Either these cars are just sensitive or I'm headed for some headaches.

I've received the below errors in two months. They come on the screen and then they go away.

Weird grinding noise occasionally when I get in the car and hit the break pedal. Sounds like a grinding starter. Maybe it's done it about a dozen times. Dealer has no idea and never heard of the issue.

Low Coolant, how am I burning coolant in two months? Dealer says it's normal for a turbo to burn a lot of it.

Passenger restraint system error - nothing on the seat. Kept going off for a whole day. Now it went away. Appointment next week.

Driver assistance restricted - error came on then went away. Car seems to bounce all over the road never driving straight when it's on. Appointment next week.

Too add, the car wash scratch the hell out of my rim. Then I scratch the hell out of my windshield with a scotch brite pad. I'm getting the windshield replaced OEM from safelite tomorrow. They will calibrate it and if I have problems I have my appointment at BMW Later in the week. I'll add that another car put a nice scratch in my door. I have to buff it out. Also got a nail in my tire which was unusable after since it's a RFT. New tire.

All this said I love the car. I'm just a little nervous of what's ahead after my warranty is up. I see many of you coding your vehicles. What's a good place to start reading about that. If I keep the car after a few years I'm not going to bring it to the dealer when it's out of warranty for these issues. Do you all have similar issues, the car is basically computerized everything. So I guess some is expected, just weary of what's ahead.
What is the build date of the vehicle? Take a look at the sticker on the driver's side door jamb.
April 2018
Appreciate 0