08-30-2006, 09:16 AM   #17
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
As AJ said, 20+ can be written up under the reckless driving statute or under the speeding statute. Either way, it's the same number of points (and is the same number of points as a DUI for God's sake). The difference is that for speeding, it's off your record in 5 years. For reckless driving, DUI, etc., it's there for 11 years.

BTW, for those in Fairfax County, you may know the County sticker is no longer required on cars (since July 1st). My car was delivered on June 29th, so I never got one although I am registered with the County. They don’t give them out anymore.

In any case, when the cop was asking me the usual questions, license and registration, he peered at my windshield, pointed and said, “Why don’t you have a County sticker on there?” I answered, “It’s not required.” He was kind of taken aback and then said, “Oh yeah, I forgot they are phasing those out.” As soon as I said that, I realized it may have sounded like a smart-alecky way to respond, although that is not at all what I intended! Probably didn’t help me in his decision whether or not to write me a ticket. As some of you know, I’m working on only a few hours of sleep a night now, with the new baby and all. So when I am asked a question, it is natural to just give a straightforward response.