pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Not really true (the full time job part; they are emotionally rewarding even just to look at). Webers get a bad rap, kind of like those old mechanical FI units on the Alfas, because they are so easy to mess up or set wrong (and they both need 'Italian tune ups' regularly to stay in good working order). Once you set them properly they are as stable as any Holley ever was. Properly is the key phrase here, because you can do it wrong and chase yourself around in circles forever. At least that was my experience on a 6 cylinder (240z). If you take the time/hassle to make choke cables (or grow a third hand) they even start well in cold weather.

And thanks for pics of a beautiful car. One of the true classics.
Mine got a lot easier to set-up and ran a lot better once I got the throttle shaft bores re-bushed. A couple of them were sloppy - not to the point of binding, but enough to be letting a bunch of air in. When you're setting them up, a little vacuum leak has a big effect and will make it tough to get your set-up balanced dead-on. Especially if it's uneven.

Once you get it right, there's no downdraught intake system that gives as good a throttle response over as wide an RPM range.
Maynard3846.50