View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 12:45 PM   #6
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
That was one of my concerns But If I could have a backup I could make a comparison of each changed parameter after a ISTA update so recoding process would be much much faster

But first I need to find a way to export all CAFD files into Excel like some members did but I have no idea how to do it

FSC code has been registered by remote coding. So I don't have the files at my computer. That's why I need to copy them from the cars ECU if such a thing is possible I think they will be deleted after an ISTA update
Once you Read Coding Data, then go in like you are going to modify the coding. Once it opens, on the top left, go to File, and there is an option to "Save as FWL". Do this for each ECU you want to compare. From there, you can apparently use excel to compare, however I downloaded a free program called CompareIt which shows you both the new and old file side by side and highlights what is different in each one. The only downside is that it can be time consuming, as you have to make FWL files of the originals as well in order to compare them both.
Appreciate 1
ejlover06104.50