Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Forgive me, but I expect better from the cops. The idea is not to punish speeders, but to keep the people safe. Big SUVs on a parkway are not as safe as a BMW at the same speed. The cop said I was going faster than the two trucks, but since I was between the trucks...?
My take: No cop wants to deal with scared children & stressed parents. Pull the single guy in the red BMW instead of the huge white trucks filled with children. It will look just fine in the book.

When I was a kid, the cops who stopped my Mom & Pop would often check the tires for safety. Now they just look at their little video screen machines (ie: radar guns). They used to be safety officers, but now are often little more than tax-men-in-cute-uniforms.

Murf
There are many different factors to consider when commencing any investigation regardless. You are looking at this from your perspective and not the officers. He might be looking at a number of different things that you aren't or couldn't be aware of. Cops are people, they make mistakes as well, don't always show the best judgment but have to make split second decision....you may have been travelling at the same speed as the other vehicles but perhaps you did something to draw his/her attention to you and you can't know that. Maybe he has a hard on for the type of car you drive, who knows. But the notion that his stopping you was completely wrong, or lazy, or he should've stopped one or both of the trucks is your opinion and is clearly informed differently than his. And some cops are assholes, that doesn't mean they all are, in fact very few are. Thats life my friend.

Murf
Agreed!
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50