View Single Post
      04-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #19
EEnBEE
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d SE Xdrive

I decided to go SE with my new G31 530d xdrive. I liked the sport seats, sensatec dash covering, and the LED fog lights on an MSport. However I wasn’t that crazy about 664M alloys and the styling I could take or leave, having had an F31 330d MSport. The luxury / comfort thing seems more appropriate for a 5 than a 3. But, yes, it does look more conservative. I was going for VDC either way. I went with sports seats and fogs on top of my SE spec, went for 18” rims, and saved £2,500+. I may have spent most of that on other extras though!

One of my priorities was ride comfort and was not disappointed when I picked the car up on Pirelli P7s and Style 684s. However I also bought some nearly new 662M wheels from a 520d MSport as a platform for my winter set up. As these came with Summer tyres Michelin Primacy 3s, I thought I’d swap and use them until this coming winter. OMG, the Michelin’s are noisy and harsh by comparison to the Pirellis. My 91 year old father noticed the change instantly before I even mentioned the change. So watch out those of you looking for that comfort - make sure you are not given Michelins.
Appreciate 0