09-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #7
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
If I were to consider a 530e, that's a least only car. Too much complexity built into the power train.

I own my 530i with a nice extended BMW warranty.
The G30 is already complicated enough without the hybrid part, so if you wanted a simple car that would last you a decade without any issue, this probably wasn't the best choice. By the way, G30 isn't the first plug-in hybrid, so let's hope BMW knows how to make durable hybrid drive trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti6cyl View Post
hey everyone - if the BMW does regenerative breaking to fill the battery while you drive. in theory, can you drive much higher than 16 number miles if it's not uphill (if you use that battery reserve feature)?
That's not how the automotive industry measures the electric range. Obviously, every trip will involve some amount of braking, and BMW, like any other OEM, takes their model for specific driving conditions and estimates how much range a driver can typically expect. If I am driving like a 60 year old, yes, I do get 15 +/-3 miles. If I drive it like I stole it, the e-range is gone within 5 miles.

By the way, regen also works while you are going uphill when you brake and/or let off the "gas" pedal. Regen isn't exclusive to going on flat surfaces or downhill.
Appreciate 0