09-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #9
gti6cyl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmercc View Post
I have had a 530e for a couple weeks now (bought it) and first impressions are I love it! I am able to drive to and from work on full electric. I live 13 miles from my work and I make it with a little bit of power to spare. I'm also able to charge the car while I work, so it's full when I get off. Most days I'm pretty easy on the car to maximize range. I wouldn't say I go as far as 'hypermiling' but I'm aware of what I'm doing. I don't often have to haul stuff so the reduced trunk size doesn't bother me much. I think it's a beautiful car that rides solid and handles well!
Thanks! I think that if you have a charging station somewhere at work it's a no-brainer if you live within 13+/- miles of work. I happen to live about 15 miles away and I could see me saving a ton of gas if I just charged. But the electrons cost money and impact the environment too. I think one of the huge things that are great about this car aside from the environmental impact is how QUIET the darn cabin can be. Do you pay for charge at work or is it complimentary?
Appreciate 0