09-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #13
gti6cyl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I've had my 530e for almost 3 months and I have about 3000 miles on it. I leased it, as I like to get a new car every few years and I don't drive a ton of miles. I installed a Level 2 Charger at home and it made a world of difference in my mileage. It's been a little over a month since I installed it and I've only used a little over half a tank of gas for about 700 miles of use during that time. I don't have a charging station at work, but 1 charge is enough to drive to and from work and almost to and from the gym at night. I do recharge to capacity as soon as I get home from work, though, which is why the Level 2 station is great. I can fully charge in about 2 hours. I've had no issues with the car, so far.
super interesting. how does Level 2 improve the miles? just for your own uses where as you come home and it charges faster and allows you to go-go-go faster? or is it doing something special to the electrons in the battery to make them store more power? thanks!!!

I find myself toggling between Auto-Edrive/Sport mode for highway style trips and then when I'm near home like 40mph zones, I'm going to full E-Drive and EcoPro (which I don't know what it does entirely) and then going off of some battery and this seems to make me efficient like up to 60mpg average (or greater) and then i get home and I can charge off my 110v again. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0