Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2013 Ferrari 458  [0.00]
2015 Golf GTI  [0.00]
Question regarding options on 2021 540i Xdrive

I placed an order today on a 2021 540i Xdrive, and was hoping that some of you can help me out with some answers/opinions (I still have time to change the spec if necessary)?

I have 7 questions:

1. Can the on/off engine function be coded out with Bimmercode?
I find it extremely annoying when it kicks on when releasing the brake, I feel the bump in my butt, lol. I know I can just put it in sport mode, and it won't do this, but not sure that I always want to drive in sport mode just to avoid the engine shutting off at lights. Also, can it be coded to remember the last setting so it doesn't default back to comfort each time the car is restarted?

2. I ordered the Msport package. Does that have the buttons for adaptive, comfort, and sport? If so, do they control the behavior of the suspension or just other things, is that suspension fixed?

3. How does the Msport suspension compare to the dynamic handling package? We test drove a car with the comfort and sport buttons, and my wife got sea sick on the comfort mode. She was only liked it on the sport mode, it just felt firmer and had a more composed ride. How does the feel and performance of the Msport suspension compare to "sport" mode on the dynamic handling package suspension?

4. Does it have wireless car play, or is a cable needed?

5. If I don't get the spare tire option, is the trunk space bigger? Is there just extra storage under the floor?

6. What is the drive recorder? What does it do?

7. Does it have back up assist, or is that a feature only on the SUV models?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0