View Single Post
      10-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #6
Sxs1687
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
I hear you on the pre-LCI tails being big and red, although I thought they were fine until the LCI's came out and then the older ones were just haunting me and looked bigger and bigger and reder and reder every time I walked up.

I also hear you on weighing out the investment and the return if you don't keep your cars long. I usually don't either but tell myself with every new car I'm going to keep it for 10 years which in reality is 2-3.

All this said, I'm a compulsive idiot. I've put over $5,000 into my car in 5 months that I probably won't get back, but it makes me happy. I'll get some money back but it will involve a sell off.

Anyway, my advice, get the LCI tails and take them off and sell them on sale or trade. That's my plan or what I tell myself. Whether I'm too lazy to swap the old ones back in on trade remains to be seen. There will be a good market for these going forward, not so much the old ones. I'm keeping my old ones for this purpose. No one wants them anyway. I'm not into tinting. It's just not stock and self tinted tails stick out as much as big and red to me.
Lol! Happiness is key! I'm not usually into the smoking of lights either, though I thought a super light tint might just calm the red-ness down a little...and still kind of keep that stock appeal. I may end up doing what you did. After that video you sent me of your tails, I was soooo tempted but I know I'm going to get yelled at for spending more money on a car that I already spent a bunch of money on buying!! Maybe in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine540iM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine540iM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxs1687 View Post
My search resulted in nothing so figured I ask...

Anyone else find the pre-LCI tails a little TOO red? I've been debating tinting my tails very lightly...maybe 50% or lighter even. Just looking to see if anyone else has done it. I just want it to look a little darker without looking too custom.

I was also considering swapping the tails for a LCI set...but since I tend to swap cars every few years, I might save those tails for the next car.
This is how they look with a 60% tint
This doesn't look bad at all...really good actually. Its almost exactly what I was picturing in my head, but I wanted to try and cut out the reverse light to keep that white. Other than that, this tint might be what I end up doing. Decisions decisions!!!
Appreciate 0