View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #1291
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

I actually did that route a few years back, great view of the Olympic mountains on the way over. Was debating doing that again this time as I have one of my best friends in Victoria and a free place to stay. They still hastel a bit over there, but not as bad as they did on I-5. I-5 also has a horrible tunnel that I always get stuck at for like 30 minutes in heavy traffic, so the ferry looks better and better every time.

I'm definitely still debating the 101. I only drive 2-3mph over the speed limit normally anyhow in the states (canadian plates are targets) besides, in my jeep, if I get an average of 20mpg over an entire day I'm usually pretty impressed. So the speed limit gives me the best range

I might take 101 to Portland (have a step sister there I'll visit) then maybe head down a bit and re-join 101 for a little while. and once I get into the redwoods, I'll probably head back inland and head towards Yosemite. From there I'd probably be going all the way down to San Diago and then start east again. If I decide to go to Cali. Time will tell. And so will patients.

I'm also debating driving all the way back through Canada, but something Tells me it won't be very pretty in April so I might hold back on that until a summer crossing some day. Maybe encourage some friends to join.
Appreciate 0