View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #2
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d M-Sport

I've read a number of articles on this and it's just asking for trouble overriding these particular safety features.

BMW Drive Assistant offers level 2 autonomy. If you need to understand what this is, please refer to the below article.

In short, you shouldn't want to or even consider coding this option out (if it's at all possible), and anyone offering should think twice about offering such a service.

If the worst were to happen, this one is on you for providing a commercial service to the seller....

Information directly from BMW here:

https://www.bmw.com/en/automotive-li...s-driving.html

And a list showing Levels of Automotive Automation

Level 0: No Automation. The driver performs all of the tasks.

Level 1: Driver Assistance. The driver handles all of the accelerating, braking, and monitoring of surrounding environment. An example of this level is when a car brakes for you in a critical moment.

Level 2: Partial Automation. The vehicle assists with steering and acceleration functions and allows the driver to disengage.

Level 3: Conditional Automation. The vehicle controls all monitoring of the environment using sensors. The driver's attention is critical but the AV system runs the safety critical functions. This level does not require human attention under 37 miles per hour.

Level 4: High Automation. Vehicle is capable of steering, braking, and accelerating, as well as responding to events and changing lanes. The system is switched into the mode under safe conditions, but the vehicle cannot determine dynamic instances like traffic jams or merging onto the highway. Most likely ETA 7-10 years.

Level 5: Complete Automation. No human attention required. No need for pedals, brakes, or a steering wheel. The AV controls all critical tasks, monitoring of the environment and identification of unique driving conditions like traffic jams. Most likely ETA 10-15 years.
Symo60.50
claykin1587.50