View Single Post
      12-28-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
luke1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rif75 View Post
I am buying this used 540i for a very good price and even with all mods (stage 3), much cheaper than a used M550 with same condition, options...

Also, I attend to use the 540i as a daily and it is a lot cheaper to drive in term of insurance, fuel consumption...(at least here, in Switzerland) than a 550i knowing that I have around 80 miles per day just to go and come back from work.

I honestly also like the fact that I will put my hand on it to improve it and have already the M4 ZCP and M5 ZCP ready made for fun .
I take it you're considering a rear-wheel-drive? xDrive won't have much issues even with a stage 3 (the numbers you're quoting are conservative for the pure 800 - as long as you're not talking 540 at the wheels - I was quoted 530whp at 98ron is the good daily; the turbo can push more, but they need to test how the b58/ZF will take that) - unless you get xHP and play with the launch torque and torque delivery. With that one I got even my stage 1 435d xdrive to slip . On rear wheel drive - you're gonna struggle stock so yeah, stage 2 big struggle, stage 3 forget it. Unless you're on preped surface with R888 heated up. BMWs are not McLarens when it comes to launch. Look at how poorly M3s/M4s launch with 425-450hp. Its a mirracle to get it off the line well
Appreciate 0