01-15-2020, 05:33 AM   #1788
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Me and my reflection in the mirror had a Come to Jesus moment last night. No more of this SHIT with the snacking, and blood sugars in the 300-500 range! I almost wrote in my medical diary in the notes "It ends today"

So far, so good. A new dish of candies at the front door to my building (I go in/out 20-30 times a day) and I don't have a single wrapper in my pocket.

But, lunch is coming . . .

I wish you luck...really man. My dad is also diabetic and he got used to functioning daily with his bs in that 400ish range. Dr. told us they didn't know how he wasn't in a coma one evening when we went in and his bs was over 500.

It averaged so high that once he started getting it under control, having drops into the 200's would make him feel like he was blacking out from a sugar drop.

That stuff is nothing to play around with. I had a guy who worked for me that had to go on disability because he injured his foot, and it never healed. They had to amputate to below his knee to stop the spread of infection.

At least you are exercising. My dad didn't do any of that. I wish you the best
as I know how hard that disease is to control and live with. I have witnessed it my entire life.